Welcome to Royal Events for 2017
Applications for Her Majesty's Royal Events in 2017 have now closed and no further applications will be considered.
Each year the Australian High Commission in London is allocated a limited number of invitations or tickets for Australian citizens to attend
Royal Events in the United Kingdom. Please monitor our website regularly and early in 2018 for next year's application process.
Please click on the following links for dates and application information for the Royal Events this year:
1. Royal Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace and the Palace of Holyroodhouse - Applications are now closed
2. The Queen’s Birthday Parades: Trooping the Colour - Applications are now closed
3. Royal Ascot - Applications are now closed
Please note the following the application process and procedures for Royal Events in 2017.
- Online application forms. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. We will no longer accept application forms sent by email or post.
- We cannot process applications that are incomplete. Please pay careful attention to addresses and identification numbers.
- Tickets are non-transferable and must be collected from the Australian High Commission in London during a specified time in the lead-up to the event.
- Clear application periods for each event – outside these dates, applications will not be accepted.
- Online payment facility for Trooping the Colour. More information will be provided to successful applicants.
- All tickets must be collected from the Australian High Commission during a specified period, and Australian passport details will be verified again at this time.
Please note: You may be requested to provide another (secondary) form of identification when you collect your tickets from the Australian High Commission, e.g. for Royal Garden Parties, you must show your passport AND another form of identification (eg. drivers licence, utility bill, bank statement). Tickets will not be posted to residential addresses in Australia or the United Kingdom.
- Scanned copies of all requested documents should be prepared before you apply online. On submitting your application, you will receive a unique reference number and will be asked to upload (via an automatically generated email) all requested documents to complete your application. Your attachments (together) should not exceed 4MB; otherwise they will not be received.
- The documents to be uploaded by email are:
- Garden Parties:
Scanned copies of passports for all applicants must be uploaded. The primary applicant must be an Australian citizen, and provide an Australian passport, as well as a secondary form of identification with proof of address.
- Royal Ascot:
Scanned copies of passports and a letter of recommendation must be uploaded.
- Trooping the Colour
Scanned copies of passports for all applicants must be uploaded.
You will receive an automatic email acknowledging that your attachments have been received. Unless we have questions about your application, the next time you can expect to hear from us is when the ballot is announced.
Check this page or follow us on Twitter for more information on when the ballot is announced.
- These Royal events are open to Australians visiting the United Kingdom AND Australians with a temporary visa in the United Kingdom (eg. Working Holiday Visa, Temporary Work Visa, Student Visa etc.)
- The High Commission runs ballots for all events and results of the ballots are final. No correspondence will be entered into regarding their outcome.
- Due to the limited number of invitations or tickets available, you can only apply for one Royal Event.
- If you or your accompanying guests have already attended (or been issued a ticket) to a Royal Garden Party, you are not eligible to apply for a Garden Party again.
The personal information in the online forms is collected by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade for the purposes of registration for the 2017 Royal Events, London, and will only be used for purposes related to, or arising from, these activities.