Australia has simplified its student visa framework. It has been designed to make the process of applying for a student visa simpler to navigate for students.
From 1 July 2016:
- international students will apply for a single Student visa (subclass 500), regardless of their chosen course of study
- student guardians will apply for the new Student Guardian visa (subclass 590)
- all students and student guardians will generally be required to lodge their visa application online by creating an account in ImmiAccount.
For more information, please click here.
- Current processing times
- Office address and sending your application
- Opening hours and public holidays
- Translation and certification of documents
- Health information
- Character information
- Travelling to, entering and departing Australia