2022 Royal Event Information
Please use the links below for the latest updates to the 2022 Royal Event Program. As soon as guidance is received, it will be posted on these pages
Royal Garden Parties at Buckingham Palace - No Invitations for 2022
Trooping the Colour - Applications Closed
Royal Ascot - Applications Closed
Each year the Australian High Commission in London is normally allocated a limited number of invitations or tickets for Australian citizens to attend Royal Events in the United Kingdom. Please monitor this page regularly for this year's application process.
Please click on the following links for dates and application information for the Royal Events this year:
INFORMATION AND DATES
Please note the following the application process and procedures for Royal Events in 2020.
- Online application process for all events. Only applications submitted online through these pages will be accepted. We no longer accept application forms sent by email or post.
- We will not process applications that are incomplete. Please pay careful attention to all fields, addresses and identification numbers.
- Tickets are non-transferable. Garden Party tickets must be collected from the Australian High Commission in London during a specified time in the lead-up to the event. Trooping tickets will be emailed to successful applicants after payment has been recieved and processed.
- There are clear application periods for each event – outside these dates, applications will not be accepted.
- Online payment for Trooping of the Colour tickets is required. This will be in the form of a credit-card authorisation form which we will send you. More information will be provided to successful applicants.
- Garden Party tickets must be collected from the Australian High Commission during a specified period, and Australian passport details will be verified again at this time.
Please note: You may be requested to provide another (secondary) form of identification when you collect your tickets from the Australian High Commission, e.g. for Royal Garden Parties, you must show your passport AND another form of identification (eg. drivers licence, utility bill, bank statement). Tickets will not be posted to residential addresses in Australia or the United Kingdom.
- Scanned copies of all requested documents should be prepared before you apply online. On submitting your application, you will receive a unique reference number and you will be asked to upload (via an automatically generated email) all requested documents to complete your application. Your attachments (together) should not exceed 4MB; otherwise they will not be received.
The documents to be uploaded by email are:
Scanned copies of valid passports for all applicants must be uploaded. The primary applicant must be an Australian citizen in possession of a temporary Visa for the UK, and provide a current Australian passport, as well as a secondary form of identification with proof of address. Guests of the primary applicant must also upload passport details and proof of address details.
Trooping the Colour:
Scanned copy of the information page of the Main Applicant, (the person making the application) only. The primary applicant must be an Australian citizen in possession of a temporary Visa for the UK, and provide a current Australian passport.
Scanned copy of the main applicant's Australian passport and a letter of recommendation must be uploaded. Check this page or follow us on Twitter for more information on when the ballot is announced.
Royal Garden Party events:
These are open only to Australian Citizens visiting the United Kingdom as tourists, and Australian Citizens with a temporary visa for the United Kingdom, eg. Working Holiday Visa, Temporary Work Visa, Student Visa etc. Permanent residents with visas such as Indefinite Leave to Remain are not eligible to apply.
The Australian High Commission is required to check against previous attendance records. If an applicant or their guest is found to have attended previously, then the application will be automatically deleted including their guests.
Trooping the Colour:
The main applicant only must be an Australian Citizen and must be an Australian visiting the United Kingdom or an Australian with a temporary visa in the United Kingdom (eg. Working Holiday Visa, Temporary Work Visa, Student Visa etc.). Guest(s) of the main applicant may be citizens of another country other than Australia. Applications are limited to four (4) people only.
The main applicant only must be an Australian Citizen. The guest of the main applicant may be a citizen of another country other than Australia. Applications are limited to two (2) people only.
The High Commission runs random ballots for all events and the result of the ballot is final. No correspondence will be entered into whatsoever regarding the outcome.
Due to the limited number of invitations or tickets available, you can only apply for one Royal Event.