The Royal Household © Crown Copyright
Royal Ascot will be held from Tuesday 14 June to Saturday 18 June 2022
The Australian High Commission has been invited to submit a list of Australian nationals who wish to attend Royal Ascot 2022 in the Royal Enclosure. See the official website of the British Monarchy and Royal Ascot website
We run a ballot for this privilege and results are final.
Because of the high demand and the security requirements for the Royal Enclosure, we are required to undertake a rigorous application process. You will be asked to provide a letter of recommendation. Please click here to download the conditions of this letter : letter of recommendation (MS Word Format)
The letter of recommendation should provide a character reference and confirm your suitability to attend Royal Ascot. It must include the full contact details of your referee (address, phone, email).
Successful applicants will in due course receive log-in details in order to apply for badges on the Royal Enclosure website. No payment or forms will be dealt with by the Australian High Commission.
Please read through all the supporting information carefully before lodging an application.
If your application is deemed incorrect or incomplete it will not be taken into consideration.
Royal Ascot will be held from Tuesday 14 June to Saturday 18 June 2022
A new race, the Commonwealth Cup, was added to the programme in 2015. It is described as a six furlong sprint designed to attract top class three year old horses from across the Commonwealth and the world. It is run on Friday 21 June.
Important note. As the Australian High Commission does not take payment for Royal Ascot, we do not need to know the specific date(s) that you wish to attend. We only need to know the number of guests who wish to attend - up to a maximum of two. Once you have completed your online application you will enter the ballot and, if successful, you will have to enter the intended date(s) into the badge request form using log-in details we will send you.
The Australian High Commission takes no further part in this process.
As part of the online application, the Main Applicant only will be asked to upload a scanned copy of the information page of their Australian passport AND a letter of recommendation. Please do not start your application unless you have a file/scan of the information page of your passport AND your letter of recommendation for uploading to us.
You will also need to supply the full name, relationship to you and email address of your guest if one is included in your application using the same application form.
- Maximum party size is 2 people only.
- The Main applicant must be an Australian citizen but may be accompanied by a non-Australian citizen, as long as they are immediate family of the main applicant – husband, wife, de facto, parent and children. Those aged 18-25 obtain reduced rates, as detailed below.
- A child aged 10-17 inclusive may accompany an adult who has a badge on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday only.
- Unrelated friends of the main applicant must make their own separate application, as long as the main applicant is an Australian Citizen.
- Because of the high demand and security requirements for the Royal Enclosure, we are required to undertake a rigorous application process. We run a ballot for this privilege and results are final.
- Applications received outside the designated application period will not be considered.
- Only successful candidates will be notified by email in mid May 2022.
- Badges, once allocated cannot be refunded and are strictly non-transferable between race days and attendees.
Married couples should note that Badges are normally issued in the husband’s name e.g Mr William Smith and Mrs William Smith.
Children under the age of 10 are not admitted to the Royal Enclosure.
Children between the ages of 10-17 years inclusive are welcome on Thursday 16, Friday 17 Saturday 18 June 2022 only. Badges must be purchased in advance and they must be accompanied by an adult Royal Enclosure badge holder.
Proof of age may be requested, therefore please provide your child’s date of birth when applying to Royal Ascot if successful in the ballot.
Applicants aged between 18 and 25 inclusive are admitted to the Royal Enclosure at reduced rates. Please see more details below.
PRICES FOR 2020:
- Adult one day badge (Tuesday to Saturday) : £195.00 per day
- Young Guest (age 18-25 inclusive) one day badge (Tuesday to Saturday) : £150.00 per day
- Children (age 10-17 inclusive) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday only : £55.00 per day
- Car parking : £50.00 per day, per car
Successful applicants in the 2022 ballot for the Royal Enclosure will receive a link in order to apply and pay for badges direct from the Royal Enclosure website. We will make no further contact with you after you are sent this link.
Badges for entry will be sent directly to the successful applicants from the Royal Enclosure Office by registered post, or you can collect them from the Racecourse. Details are on the Badge Request form.
If the day you selected has reached capacity, the Royal Enclosure Office will request a second day choice.
Please note: Once badges are allocated they cannot be refunded and are strictly non-transferable between race days or racegoers.
The rules on dress in the Royal Enclosure are strict. Precise details will be issued with badges and will also be available on the Royal Ascot website: www.ascot.co.uk/royalenclosure
- Ladies: Knee length formal day dress, no spaghetti straps, with a hat
- Gentlemen: Black or grey morning dress, waistcoat and top hat are required
- Girls (aged 10-17): Knee length formal day dress with a hat (may wear a headpiece or fascinator without any size restriction)
- Boys (aged 10-17): A suit with a tie
- Serving military personnel: Welcome to wear Service Dress or the equivalent
- Overseas Visitors: Welcome to wear the formal national dress of their country.
Jeans and training shoes are not permissible.
Those not complying with the dress code will be asked to leave the Royal Enclosure and their Royal Enclosure badge will be removed.
Photography is not permitted within the Royal Enclosure.
If you are unsuccessful in your application please remember that tickets for the public areas and Grandstand can be brought directly from the Royal Ascot website: https://www.ascot.co.uk/
Please do not start your application unless you have photographed/scanned the Passport information page for the main applicant AND a letter of recommendation and saved these as files (total file size must be under 5mb) ready for uploading to us during the application process.
IMPORTANT - Unfortunately If you do not send the passport and letter of recommendation files after your online application, your application will not be taken into consideration and therefore will not be entered into the ballot. Please do not commence with the application process until you do have all the required information and files ready for uploading. Multiple applications from the same entity will render all of those applications invalid. Thank you.