Full-Time: 36 hours 45mins
Starting Salary: £33,583 pro rata + competitive benefits
Applications are sought from persons interested in employment at the Australian High Commission in London as Locally Engaged Staff.
About the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT)
The role of the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) is to advance the interests of Australia and Australians internationally. This involves strengthening Australia’s security, enhancing Australia’s prosperity, delivering an effective and high quality overseas aid program and helping Australian travellers and Australians overseas.
The department provides foreign, trade and development policy advice to the Australian Government. DFAT also works with other Australian government agencies to drive coordination of Australia’s pursuit of global, regional and bilateral interests.
About the Position
The Facilities Officer is required to assist with the purchasing of minor plant and equipment while managing the general maintenance requirements for Australia House and the official residences. The Facilities Officer is responsible for liaising with internal and external maintenance contractors, supervising the cleaning contract, administering council tax charges, utilities (electricity/gas & water) and organising the purchase of duty free goods. The Facilities Officer is also responsible for the management of the Portering staff and the Security staff in the Facilities Manager’s absence.
The key responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide planning and procurement of domestic and minor maintenance requirements for chancery and residences, including utility services.
- Assist with planning and management of the DFAT plant and equipment at the AHC and owned residences, including undertaking yearly stock takes.
- Regular monitoring and updates of DFAT maintenance schedules at the AHC and owned residences.
- Assist with the management of the cleaning contract and oversee day-to-day operations of office cleaning and window cleaning in accordance with contracts. Conduct regular checks throughout office and public areas to ensure a high level of service is maintained including the identification and removal of rubbish (including larger items).
- Assist the Facilities Manager with contract management and liaise with contractors and clients to ensure a high level of performance is maintained when managing the following services:
- Garden maintenance
- Pest control
- Indoor plants maintenance
- Chandelier cleaning
- Deep cleaning of drainage and gutter systems; and
- Chemical cleaning of the washroom areas
- Assist in the supervision, administration, allocation, use and presentation of function rooms. Ensure setting up procedures have been undertaken.
- Supervise on a day-to-day basis Portering staff, delegating work where appropriate.
- Operate the Australian Diplomatic Staff Fund. Control purchase of diplomatic wines, spirits and tobacco products. Maintain records of requests and entitlements, adhering to British Foreign and Commonwealth Office instructions.
- Provide regular updated information and report on Facilities budget management and expenditure, in accordance with Finance guidance and direction.
- Act as the line manager to the Security team when the Facilities Manager is not available.
- Other duties as directed.
A. Well-developed planning and organisational skills to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a high volume, client-focussed environment in order to achieve required outcomes.
B. Ability to work effectively across all organisation levels building strong relationships with stakeholders, demonstrating strong oral and written communication skills;
C. Ability to work harmoniously with other team members in a busy, processing environment by demonstrating flexibility, reliability, adaptability, initiative and resourcefulness.
D. Ability to contribute to the effective delivery of a service by providing a flexible, courteous, prompt and efficient service to internal and external clients. Demonstrated procurement and contract management experience.
E. Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel. High level of IT literacy with ability to manage an electronic documents and records management system, ensuring on-going compliance with policy guidelines;
How to Apply
Applications close at midnight (GMT) on Thursday 27th April, 2017
Applications must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Late, incomplete and/or ineligible applications will not be considered for engagement.
Candidates interested in this position must submit a complete application, including the following documents as separate attachments:
- UK-Based Application Form (including an address to the each of the selection criteria);
- Current CV / Resume
- Diversity and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Questionnaire
Please check that your application form has been completed in full upon submission. In some circumstances application forms can come through blank and require resending.
Referee reports will only be requested for candidates who are shortlisted. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
The Diversity and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Questionnaire will not be passed to the selection committee for this role. It will be held confidentially by the Human Resources Department for statistical monitoring purposes only. You may submit this attachment in a separate email if you wish to, email@example.com.