- About us
- Visas, Migration and Citizenship
- Travelling to Australia
- Services for Australians
- Doing business with Australia
- Passport services
- Study in Australia
- About Australia
- Travel advice
- Register with us
Visas, Migration and Citizenship
Welcome to the website of the Migration Branch of the Australian High Commission in London. We are an overseas office of the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). We service clients who are usually resident in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
Before you travel to Australia
You should not book flights or make travel commitments until you have a visa to travel to Australia. The department will not be liable for any financial loss incurred by clients whose visa application was finalised later than expected or unsuccessful.
Increase to Visa Application Charge
On 1 July 2015, there will be an increase to Visa Application Charges. Our website will be updated with more specific detail in due course. For further information, please click here.
The London counter is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays only, between 9am and 11am. You must make an appointment to attend. In order to make an appointment, please contact the Europe Service Centre.
Processing of applications from residents of Ukraine
Processing of Australian visa applications for Ukrainian nationals living in the Ukraine will be undertaken by the Australian High Commission in London from 16 February 2015.
For further information in English, please click here.
For further information in Urkainian, please click here.
Planning a holiday in Australia?
If you hold a passport from the European Union, Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Switzerland or Vatican City you can apply electronically free of charge for a visa to visit Australia for a holiday.
Application process and other immigration matters
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Visa information
- Citizenship by descent information
- Check the status of your Australian visa online & visa evidencing (visa label)
- Migration Agents
- Protecting yourself from migration fraud
- Translation and certification of documents
- ‘Refer to Embassy’ message instructions
- Travelling to, entering and departing Australia
Forms, Fees, Health and Character
- Application forms
- Application charges (fees)
- Health information and Panel Doctors
- Character information and UK/Irish Police Clearances