The Royal Household © Crown Copyright
Applications for Royal Ascot 2017 have now closed. No further applications will be considered.
For more information, check this page regularly or follow our updates on #RoyalEvents on Twitter
The Australian High Commission has been invited to submit a list of Australian nationals who wish to attend Royal Ascot 2017 in the Royal Enclosure.
We run a ballot for this privilege and results are final.
Because of the high demand and security requirements for the Royal Enclosure, we are required to undertake a rigorous application process. You will be asked to provide a letter of recommendation.
The letter of recommendation should provide a character reference and confirm your suitability to attend Royal Ascot. It must include the full contact details of your referee (address, phone, email).
The successful applicants will receive a Badge Request Form, which will entitle you to buy tickets for the Royal Enclosure. Badge Request Forms must be sent to the Royal Ascot Office with payment, indicating the day(s) you wish to attend. No payment should be sent to the Australian High Commission.
Please read through all the supporting information carefully before lodging an application.
If your application is deemed incorrect or incomplete it will not be taken into consideration.
Royal Ascot will be held from Tuesday 20 to Saturday 24 June 2017.
A new race, the Commonwealth Cup, was added to the programme in 2015. It is described as a six furlong sprint designed to attract top class three year old horses from across the Commonwealth and the world. It will be run on Friday 23 June 2017.
As part of your online application, you will be asked to upload a scanned copy of your passport AND your letter of recommendation.
- Australian nationals can apply to be considered for a Royal Enclosure Badge Request Form.
- The primary applicant must be an Australian citizen but may be accompanied by non-Australian citizens. Applications are restricted to immediate family – husbands, wives and children (unmarried sons and daughters aged 18-25 inclusive). Children aged 10-17 may accompany adults who have badges on Friday and Saturday only.
- Because of the high demand and security requirements for the Royal Enclosure, we are required to undertake a rigorous application process. We run a ballot for this privilege and results are final.
- Applications received outside the designated application period will not be considered.
- Successful candidates will be notified by email by late April.
- Badges, once allocated cannot be refunded and are strictly non-transferable between race days and racegoers.
Married couples should note that Badges are normally issued in the husband’s name e.g Mr William Smith and Mrs William Smith.
Children over the age of 10 are permitted.
Children between the ages of 10-17 years are welcome on the Friday and Saturday but not earlier in the week. Badges must be purchased in advance and they must be accompanied by a Royal Enclosure badge holder.
Proof of age may be requested, therefore please provide your child’s date of birth when applying.
Applicants aged between 18 and 25 are admitted to the Royal Enclosure at reduced rates. Please see more details below.
PRICES [Updated prices for 2017 TBC shortly]
- Adult one day badge (Tuesday to Saturday): £150 per day
- Junior one day badge (Tuesday to Saturday): £100 per day
- Children (age 10-17) on Friday and Saturday only: £20 per day
- Car parking: £35 per day per car
Successful applicants in the 2017 ballot for the Royal Enclosure will receive an electronic Badge Request Form from the High Commission, which will enable you to make the payment with the Royal Enclosure directly.
You must complete the electronic badge request form, print it and submit to the Royal Enclosure Office together with payment. No payment should be sent to the Australian High Commission.
Badges for entry will be sent directly to the successful applicants from the Royal Enclosure Office by registered post, or you can collect them from the Racecourse.
If the day you selected has reached capacity, the Royal Enclosure Office will request a second day choice.
Please note: Once badges are allocated they cannot be refunded and are strictly non-transferable between race days or racegoers.
The rules on dress in the Royal Enclosure are strict. Precise details will be issued with badges and will also be available on the Royal Ascot website: www.ascot.co.uk/royalenclosure
- Ladies: Knee length formal day dress with a hat
- Gentlemen: Black or grey morning dress, waistcoat and top hat are required
- Girls (aged 10-17): Knee length formal day dress with a hat (may wear a headpiece or fascinator without any size restriction)
- Boys (aged 10-17): A suit with a tie
- Serving military personnel: Welcome to wear Service Dress or the equivalent
- Overseas Visitors: Welcome to wear the formal national dress of their country.
Jeans and training shoes are not permissible.
Those not complying with the dress code will be asked to leave the Royal Enclosure and their Royal Enclosure badge will be removed.
Photography is not permitted within the Royal Enclosure.
If you are unsuccessful in your application please remember that tickets for the public areas and Grandstand can be brought directly from the Royal Ascot website: https://www.ascot.co.uk/
Please monitor our website regularly for further details. Thank you for your interest.