Casual Security Guards
Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
The Australian High Commission, London is currently seeking expressions of interest from persons interested in casual work in a security guarding capacity. The casual security guards will be expected to provide occasional and ad hoc replacement services to support the Australian High Commission’s Facilities section, particularly to assist with events and to cover absences.
The main responsibilities of the role are as follows:
1. Occupy strategic points during the day to ensure security of the building.
2. Monitor the Visitor Management System (VMS) and emails. Receive visitors and contact the relevant officer who will escort visitors to the appropriate office. Search visitors and their belongings, ensuring the correct operation of metal detection equipment. Issue and retrieve visitor and temporary passes.
3. Assist with and respond to queries from the public, in an appropriate and professional manner.
4. Arrange issue and collection of door keys and maintenance of the Key Register.
5. Monitor CCTV, Fire and Alarm systems, and report all incidents to the supervisor. Assist with safe evacuation of staff, and maintain security of the building thereafter.
6. Conduct internal and external patrols as directed. Report and action any WHS issues found whilst on patrol. Ensure flag decoration of the building is correct.
8. Assist with evening events as required. Be trained and available to cover shortfalls in the shift guard roster (days and nights).
9. Assist distressed Australians outside normal working hours.
10. Other duties as directed.
Persons interested in undertaking casual work in this capacity should send their CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.