- You must apply for your passport well ahead of your proposed travel.
- You should allow approximately ten weeks to receive a passport once your complete application is accepted at interview or payment is taken for mailed in applications. Incomplete applications will cause further delays.
- If you are applying by post and have urgent travel (less than ten weeks), please ensure you attention to “URGENT PASSPORT” on the envelope and include both a covering letter clearly explaining your circumstances as well as evidence of urgency (e.g. travel itinerary, visa appointment confirmation, letter from employer). You may be eligible for an emergency document.
- If you are applying in person and require your passport urgently (within ten weeks), please advise the interviewing officer of your circumstances. You will need to provide evidence of urgency (e.g. travel itinerary, visa appointment confirmation, letter from employer).
- You can help minimise processing times by ensuring you provide everything we need when you lodge your application