Passport Services Updated (GMT) 11 August 2020
Update on passport arrangements
Passport Office services are now open at the Australian High Commission in line with UK Government guidelines. The Australian Government advice remains to DO NOT TRAVEL, unless you wish to return to Australia, in which case you should do as soon as possible.
Please visit our Where To Apply page for details and where you can book an appointment to lodge your application. If you need your passport in less than 10 days or cannot travel to London please visit our Urgent travel section to contact us.
Due to the unpredictability of the COVID-19 pandemic, these arrangements are subject to change and this page will be updated as new arrangements come into place.
Visiting our offices during COVID-19
- You must have an appointment to visit our offices.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment online or email us at [email protected] . Please do not attend our offices if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend, however only one parent is required to lodge a child’s application if they are under 16.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment – to ensure social distancing there will be limited seating in our reception areas.
- You must bring and wear a mask. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.
- You must bring your own pen.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located in the waiting area prior to your interview
You must book an appointment; you will not be seen without one. You must bring a completed application form and supporting documents to your appointment. Incomplete applications will not be accepted and may cause you delays.
- HOW TO APPLY
- WHERE TO APPLY
- DOCUMENTS REQUIRED
- PROCESSING TIMES
- URGENT TRAVEL
- PASSPORT FEES
- CHANGING YOUR NAME
- PASSPORT FAQs
Additional information for passport applicants
Below are links to more passport information that may assist you. If you have questions that are not answered in these pages, please contact us for advice.