Notarial Service (Legalising documents) Updated (GMT) 2 July 2020
To ensure social distancing measures we are providing a reduced service between 1.30-3.30pm Monday – Friday. Appointments can made online by using the button below.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment online or email us at [email protected]
- Please do not attend our offices if you are ill or if you have had recent exposure to someone who is ill.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment – to ensure social distancing there will be limited seating in our reception areas.
- You can bring and wear a mask. We may need to ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.
- You must bring your own pen.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located in the waiting area prior to your interview
About our services
All documents relating to the notarial services you require from the Australian High Commission must be presented in the correct form and you must provide the correct instructions for the notarial service you require.
If you are unsure of the legislative requirements relating to the notarial service you require, you should seek independent legal advice.
Please note that neither the Australian Government nor the Australian High Commission in London guarantees the legal effectiveness of the notarised document or the accuracy of its content. Fees paid for notarial services are non-refundable.
Security at the Australian High Commission
Security screening is in operation at the Australian High Commission in London and is similar to airport screening. To minimise wait times we ask that you do not bring large bags or accessories with you. There may be a queue to get through security.
The Australian High Commission does not have public restrooms or baby changing facilities.
Notarial clients are admitted through security at the Consular & Passport Office entrance located on the Aldwych side of Australia House. Whilst we will do everything possible to remain on time, some services may require a longer wait as specific staff are required to perform these.