Australian High Commission
United Kingdom
Australia House, London


What Are Notarial/Legalisation services?


Do I need to make an appointment?


Do I need to come in to Australia House or can I send my documents in the mail?

Please note that this option only applies to documents that do not require you to sign in front of a consular official.

You do not need to attend in person to have your documents certified, an apostille attached or for a Certificate of no Impediment to be issued. We recommend sending documents by recorded or special delivery. We make every attempt to return your documents within 5 business days of receipt. Do not send items by Courier - they will be rejected.

Please send your original documents to the following address:-

Consular Section
Australian High Commission
Australia House
Strand London WC2B 4LA

Please include:-

• A covering letter outlining the number of copies you require as well as instructions to certify documents
• A self addressed reply paid envelope - preferably recorded or special delivery
• Your daytime contact number and/or email address
• A completed credit/debit card authorisation payment slip (please note we do not accept bank cheques). For a credit/debit card authorisation payment slip please click here.

Please click here for associated fees.

Can I get this done somewhere else?


Do I have to use your services?


Can I use a JP or police officer in the UK?


What documents do I need to bring?


Why do I need to pay a fee?


Why can’t you provide me with guidance or advice on the notarial service I require?