Australian High Commission
United Kingdom
Australia House, London


What Are Notarial/Legalisation services?


Do I need to make an appointment?


Do I need to come in to Australia House or can I send my documents in the mail?


Can I get this done somewhere else?


Do I have to use your services?


Can I use a JP or police officer in the UK?

Generally the guidance about who can witness or legalise a document is provided with the assumption you are in Australia, where police and JP's are commonly used for these services. This is not the case in the UK or once you are overseas.

What documents do I need to bring?


Why do I need to pay a fee?


Why can’t you provide me with guidance or advice on the notarial service I require?