Australian High Commission
United Kingdom
Australia House, London


What Are Notarial/Legalisation services?


Do I need to make an appointment?


Do I need to come in to Australia House or can I send my documents in the mail?


Can I get this done somewhere else?


Do I have to use your services?

Some organisations - such as your bank or a Government agency - will stipulate that you must use an Australian Embassy or High Commission if you are overseas.  We would recommend you go back to whoever is requesting you get your documents legalised and ask who they will or won't accept.  Some agencies may accept a local solicitor or notary public to perform these services.

Can I use a JP or police officer in the UK?


What documents do I need to bring?


Why do I need to pay a fee?


Why can’t you provide me with guidance or advice on the notarial service I require?