Passport documents required
It is important that you provide the correct documents so your application can proceed.
All documents for PC8 applications presented at interview must be original. We do not accept photocopies of any kind, including copies made by Notaries Public and Justices of the Peace.
To determine what documents are required for your application, please select your application type:
- Adult renewal application (PC7) - lodging by mail
- Child renewal application (PC8) - lodging by mail
- Adult application (PC8) - lodging in person
Which form should I use?
When you fill out your application form online at the global website, you will automatically be directed to the correct form.
You should be directed to complete the PC7 (Adult renewal) form if:
- You are renewing your Australian passport, AND
- You are an adult (18 years or older), AND
- Your most recent passport was issued when you were 16 years or over on or after 01/01/2006, AND
- You are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
- Your most recent passport is/was valid for over 2 years at the time of issue, AND
- Your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
- You are successfully able to answer the security questions on the website.
If you do not qualify for a renewal form, you must use the Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (PC8). This includes the following applicants:
- First time applicants
- Child passport (under 18 years of age)
- First adult passport and your child passport was issued to you at 15 years or younger
- Replacing a lost or stolen passport
- Change of name, gender or personal details on the passport
- First passport after resumption of citizenship
- Replacing a limited validity passport, emergency passport, or other temporary travel document
- You cannot answer the security questions for the renewal form.