Australian High Commission
United Kingdom
Australia House, London

Passports Documents Required

It is important that you provide the correct documents so your application can proceed. 

If you have been issued a 10 year Australian passport since 2005, or if you are applying for a child passport, you can apply by post. All other applications must be made in person.  Children aged 16 and 17 years old must also attend the interview with one parent.  

If you are eligible to apply by post do not follow the below, instead please refer to our separate instructions here . Please note, applying by post is a temporary measure and is subject to change.

If you are applying in person, all documents must be original. We do not accept photocopies of any kind, including copies made by Notaries Public and Justices of the Peace.

To determine what documents are required for your application, please select your application type:

Which form should I use?

When you fill out your application form online at the global website, you will automatically be directed to the correct form.  If you are unsure whether you qualify for a renewal form, please check the criteria below.

Australian Passport Renewal Application (PC7) for adult renewals

Adults who are renewing their Australian passport can use this form if all of the following are true:

  • You are an adult (18 years or older), AND
  • Your most recent passport was issued when you were 16 years or older, AND
  • You are not changing any of your personal details on the passport, AND
  • Your most recent passport is/was valid for over 2 years at the time of issue, AND
  • Your most recent passport has not been reported lost/stolen AND
  • Your most recent passport has not been expired for more than three years (or is still current), AND
  • You are successfully able to answer the security questions on the website.

Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (PC8) for both adult and children

If you do not qualify for renewal form, you must use the Application for an Australian Passport Overseas (PC8). This includes the following applicants:

  • First time applicants
  • Child passport (under 18 years of age)
  • First adult passport and your child passport was issued to you at 15 years or younger
  • Replacing a lost or stolen passport
  • Name change or personal details on the passport
  • First passport after resumption of citizenship
  • Replacing a limited validity passport, emergency passport, or other temporary travel document
  • Passport has been expired for more than 3 years
  • You cannot answer the security questions for the renewal form.