Passport documents required
It is important that you provide the correct documents so your application can proceed.
All documents for applications presented at interview must be original. We do not accept photocopies of any kind, including copies made by Notaries Public and Justices of the Peace.
To determine what documents are required for your application, please select your application type:
- Adult renewal application - lodging by mail
- Child renewal application - lodging by mail
- All other applications - lodging in person
Which form should I use?
When you fill out your application form online at the global website, you will automatically be directed to the correct form.
There are two types of application forms:
1. Australian Passport Renewal Application form:
This is a one-page application form for adults whose previous passport:
- was issued when you were aged 16 or older;
- was issued on or after 1 January 2006;
- when it was issued, it had at least two years’ validity;
- has your current name, date of birth, place of birth and gender; AND
- has not been reported lost, stolen, or cancelled.
If you meet the above criteria but the website does not allow you to generate the one page renewal form, please contact us to discuss.
2. Application for an Australian Passport Overseas form:
This is a five-page application form for all applicants who do not meet the requirements for the above renewal form, including:
- All child applications
- First adult applications
- Adult renewal applications where the previous passport was issued prior to 2006
- Name and/or gender change applications
- Replacing an emergency or limited validity passport
- Replacing a lost or stolen passport