Applying in person
Please first check whether you need to lodge your application in person by reviewing the How To Apply page. If you are submitting an adult renewal or child (under 16 years old) renewal application, you can lodge your application by mail instead.
All other applications must be lodged in person by appointment only - click on the "Book now" button below.
There is no walk-in service. Applicants without an appointment will not be seen so please book an appointment in advance. Appointments with the passport office are limited. Please ensure that you attend the appointment you book. You can cancel or reschedule your appointment through your confirmation email. Please do not make duplicate bookings as this increases appointment wait times for other applicants. If multiple bookings are made, please be aware we reserve the right to cancel additional appointments. You will not be seen without a valid appointment on the day.
What to bring
The following documents will be required at a minimum:
- Completed application form - generate your application form HERE
- Original supporting documents (photocopies and certified copies are not accepted) - refer to the checklist and notes when completing your application form
- Australian standard passport photos
In some circumstances, you may need to provide additional supporting documents or supplementary forms, so it is important to carefully read the requirements when completing your application form and refer to the required documents page.
Visiting our offices
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. You will not be seen without one.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel or reschedule by clicking on the button in your confirmation email.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend, however, only one parent is required to lodge a child’s application if they are under 16. Only children over the age of 16 are required to attend the appointment in person.
- Please arrive 10 minutes before your appointment to allow for security checks.
Passport Office - LONDON
We are visiting Edinburgh on Tuesday 26 - Friday 29 September.
To book an appointment, please email us at [email protected] (include your phone number) or call us on 0207 887 5816 (10am-12pm, Monday to Friday).