Where to apply for your passport
There are currently two ways to apply for an Australian passport. If you have been issued a 10 year Australian passport since 2005, or if you are applying for a child passport, please follow our instructions to apply by post . This is a temporary measure and is subject to change. All other passport applications must be lodged in person.
The Australian Passport Office in London operates an appointment system and there is no walk-in service. Applicants without an appointment will not be seen so please ensure you book an appointment in advance.
Appointments with the passport office are limited. Please ensure that you attend the appointment you book. You can cancel or modify your appointment through your confirmation email.
Visiting our offices during COVID-19
- You must have an appointment to visit our office. You will not be seen without one.
- To protect you (our clients), our staff and the wider community, from the spread of COVID-19, you will be asked the following questions prior to entering our office:
- Do you have COVID-19?
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Have you arrived in the United Kingdom from overseas within the last 10 days?
- If you answer yes to any of the above questions and have not completed the mandatory self-isolation period, you will not be permitted entry to our office and will need to contact us via email or phone to discuss your options.
- If you are unable to attend your appointment, please cancel the appointment by clicking on the link in your confirmation email.
- Please do not bring any friends or family members to your appointment. If you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend, however, only one parent is required to lodge a child’s application if they are under 16.
- Please arrive no earlier than 15 minutes before your appointment – to ensure social distancing there will be limited seating in our reception areas.
- You must bring and wear a mask. We will ask you to remove your mask briefly to confirm your identity.
- You must bring your own pen.
- Please use the hand sanitiser located in the waiting area prior to your interview.
Please do not make duplicate bookings as this increases appointment wait times for other citizens. If multiple bookings are made, please be aware we reserve the right to cancel additional appointments. You will not be seen without a valid appointment on the day.
Passport Office - LONDON
"The Australian High Commission does not have public restrooms or baby changing facilities."
Outreach visits are currently suspended due to the ongoing pandemic. The Passport Office undertakes passport interviews at locations around the UK from time to time. Details of any future outreach visits will be advertised here once the dates are confirmed.